The big game is coming up, and that means lots of good food and drinks! Thankfully, Bold Life has got you covered! The incredible Linda Mitchell from Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T., sits down to give us easy AND healthy snacks that will be delicious without all of the guilt!
This year’s party might look a little different, but that doesn’t have to stop you from making amazing snacks. Even if it’s only you and your family, you can spice things up (literally and figuratively!)
- Peel your avocados. Take three avocados, peel them, and mash them in a medium sized bowl.
- Add some flavor! It depends on what you like in your guacamole, but cutting up an onion, tomato, and some cilantro is a perfect way to give your guacamole the perfect flavor.
- Mix it all up and add some spice! After you chop up your onions and tomatoes, play with some spices! You can add salt, pepper, garlic salt, lemon/lime juice, even some cajun powder! Make it your own, regardless, it will turn out delicious!
- Get grain-free taco shells. There are ready-made boxes of grain-free, hard taco shells. They are made out of cassava flour, which makes them a better alternative than regular taco shells. Get this, two taco shells are only 130 calories! There are several brands that make them, so find the brand for you!
- Choose your meat. For this specific recipe, bison meat is being used with taco seasoning and chopped red onion. You can use whatever meat or meat alternative you want, but some are healthier options than others.
- Dress it up! Feel free to add all of the toppings to your tacos. From cheese to green peppers, add whatever you want!
For more healthy snacks, check out this video!