The Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2021 recently wrapped up its video game conference with showcases from Microsoft, Nintendo, Square Enix and many more. From “Battlefield 2042” to “Breath of the Wild 2,” here’s a recap of what you missed.
From Zelda to Mario to Metroid, Nintendo’s intellectual property will always make fans curious about what’s next.
- This year, Zelda is celebrating its 35th anniversary, and Nintendo delivered some great news. “Breath of the Wild 2” is coming in 2022! In the first look, we see Link soaring through the skies destroying Bokoblins and Moblins, plus some hidden gems.
- Nintendo is expanding this anniversary celebration by remastering its Wii game, “The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword,” for the Switch, and it will be available this year. The showcase gave us a small look at the controls; players now can choose between button-only controls and motion controls. Nintendo is also releasing DLC for “Age of Calamity,” in addition to a Game & Watch handheld console that will play some of the earliest Zelda games.
- Samus Aran, the intergalactic bounty hunter is back for another Metroid game. “Metroid Dread” will be the first new story and episode the series has seen in 19 years!
- As for Mario, fans can expect “Mario Golf,” “Mario Party Superstars,” and “Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope” soon.
More fan favorites come back.
- The Halo series is returning this holiday season with “Halo Infinite“. The trailer shows Master Chief navigating through the aftermath of a battle. It also reveals that some things aren’t right regarding his former AI, Cortana. The game will also have a free-to-play multiplayer mode.
- After 3 years, Battlefield is coming back with “Battlefield 2042.” The reveal showed larger maps, natural disasters and a bunch of action. The game will be available on Oct. 22, 2021. Take a look below.
Marvel is attempting to dominate every medium, and I don’t blame them. Square Enix announced the new “Guardians of the Galaxy” game. It’ll feature Marvel’s favorite guardians. and by looking at the trailer, it’s going to be an action-packed galaxy adventure.
- They also announced a free DLC for Marvel’s Avengers that will feature a Black Panther expansion pack. In “Black Panther: War for Wakanda,” players will be able to explore Wakanda and save the country from the threat known as Ulysses Klaue (Klaw).
What I’m looking forward to
I’m always here for more Mario games, and I’m excited that “Mario Party Superstars” will now be available for online play. I haven’t finished the first “Breath of the Wild” yet; I personally cannot stop exploring the open world and doing side missions. (Please don’t scream at me.) However, I’m excited about the next one, and now I need to put some pep in my step to finish it before the sequel drops!
Something new I’m looking forward to is “Riders Republic.” The game seems to have every extreme sport you can think of; plus, the chaotic multiplayer gameplay looks fun!
Did you watch the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2021? Which video games are you most excited about? Let us know on socials!
For techie content, check this out.